The Temporary Exhibits Logistical Coordinator organizes logistics relating to the Museum’s incoming temporary exhibits, providing department expertize within the institution as well as externally, with other Museums.
- Up to 12 exhibits per year that are up to- 20,000 sq. ft. in size with 1-50 components
- Coordinates up to 14 – 48’ trucks delivering and picking up within the same one week period
- Occasionally oversees an installation team of 1-20 contractors and staff depending on scope of project, average of 6 per exhibit
- Oversees planning of 2 or 3 installations ongoing at the same time in separate galleries
- Assist when needed for touring exhibits 1-2 exhibits simultaneously changing at the same time at other museums as the 1-3 exhibits are changing in Boston
- Oversees Department files and data in various programs for multiple projects
- Oversees the coordination of the installation of artifacts and other valuable objects with the Collections department.
- Communicates needs of exhibits with other departments within the museum, and other museums
- Monitors exhibit schedule
- Assists in Fabrication Shop when needed
- Assists in Galleries when needed
WORK SCHEDULE:This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday and travels approximately six times per year. Occasional trips require as much as two weeks in length.
Manager, Temporary Exhibits
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
- More than one year of relevant experience.
STARTING SALARY:Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.