Purpose: To advance the Museumâ€™s mission by designing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications program to enhance awareness of and participation in the Parrishâ€™s program.
- Develop and implement annual institutional communications plan and master communications schedule in collaboration with the Museumâ€™s leadership team.
- Oversee parrishart.org and social media site to ensure they support marketing and communication goals. Coordinate with all Museum departments to ensure that site is updated with current information on a consistent basis.
- Maintain regular contact with media representatives to develop strong working relationships. Initiate stories and articles to increase the Museumâ€™s visibility. Maintain computerized press database.
- Serve as spokesperson and brand manager for the Museum.
- Write, produce and distribute all collateral material (press releases, public service announcements, radio/TV advertising) to media outlets. Write and oversee production of informational and marketing materials.
- Create and implement marketing efforts to extend awareness of Museum exhibitions and programs in collaboration with Director and senior management team.
- Work with travel, hospitality, and economic development partners to promote the Parrish as a cultural destination.
- Serve as chief writer and executive editor of Museum newsletter, write and oversee contributing writers, manage and oversee design and publication.
- Develop, monitor and facilitate spending of departmental budget.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
M.A. in Art Education, Art History or Communications
Three plus yearsâ€™ experience in communications and marketingâ€”preferably with non-profit cultural institutions.
Proven track record in developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective press strategy that results in editorial coverage.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
Vision, leadership, good organizational skills, excellent writing and communication skills, and confidence are the most important qualities sought in the position. In addition, the ideal candidate will also possess the following characteristics:
- Has knowledge of art history or appreciation of art.
- Has knowledge of museum public relations protocols combined with a background in art and art history.
- Is committed to developing an enlightened, informed, and educated audience.
- Is a decisive decision-maker who can set and meet goals and objectives and work in a strong collaborative team environment.
- Is a creative thinker who can augment existing ideas and develop new approaches, with the ability to adapt to new trends and technologies.
- Is able to represent compellingly the Museum to members of the media and the general public.
- Has high ethical standards, integrity, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Is an effective collaborator with colleagues, staff, external stakeholders, trustees, and volunteers to present information and ideas in an organized, concise manner.
- Has the intellectual depth and curiosity necessary to gain an understanding of the complex factors that drive and influence the Museumâ€™s mission and programs.
- Is able to manage people positively.
- Is able to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Marketing position”. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.