|The department of Digital Media at The Metropolitan Museum of Art seeks a Digital Media Associate to assist with the development, presentation and implementation of public-facing digital technologies and educational multimedia to support the Museum’s collection, exhibitions and related activities. Responsibilities include day-to-day production tasks to support the audio guide, mobile apps, and interactive media. This position will assist in all aspects of the project lifecycle, fromplanning and content entry through quality assurance and archiving. The Digital Media Associate will work closely with project teams, prioritizing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Coordinate and support the planning, development, preparation, installation, and documentation of media projects.
- Schedule internal, stakeholder, and vendor related meetings and reviews.
- Develop, manage, and report on production schedules and expenses.
- Create, review, and submit purchase orders for exhibition-related and departmental purchases, as well as payment requests for outside vendors and contractors.
- Oversee and coordinate the contracting process for outside vendors and consultants.
- Serve as the primary contact for logistics associated with media projects and production schedules, both internally and with external vendors.
- Assist workgroup in creating and communicating schedules, milestones, and deliverables for each project.
- Follow-up with content providers (curators, editors, production staff, digital media producers) to ensure that content deliverables including text, audio files, videos, slideshows, are on track as well as consistent across all media.
- Manage and maintain issue-tracking system.
- Load digital assets and media content into CMS.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) testing to verify content is properly displayed on multiple channels and devices.
- Archive past content with metadata to ensure media is properly filed and easily accessible.
- Document media production process and best practices.
- Other related duties.
Experience and Skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative are key qualities for this position.
- At least one year of experience in digital media, digital communications, publishing, museums, cultural organizations, visual arts, or related field, is required.
- Knowledge of art or architecture preferred.
- * Strong computer skills, including media production applications such as Photoshop.
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with a variety of people within and outside the Museum.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks under the pressure of deadlines.
- A deep understanding of the importance and value of openness and accountability.
Knowledge and Education
Switch to our mobile site