CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia (cultureworksphila.org) seeks a full-time Trust Program Manager to be the principal administrator of arts, cultural, and heritage projects under CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia. CultureTrust has been established as a separate nonprofit trust acting as an umbrella for multiple charitable projects and organizations operating in Greater Philadelphia. The Trust Program Manager is instrumental in supporting all of theTrust Program’s core administration and management functions, working closely with the directors of each individual project. This job offers the chance to work within (and for) a diverse group of innovators and visionaries across fields, types, and sizes.
The Trust Program Manager is employed by CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia and reports to the Trust Executor (CultureWorks’ Managing Director, Thaddeus Squire). This role works closely with the Associate Director and Finance Manager of CultureWorks and the Project Directors of all CultureTrust projects.
The Trust Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Prospecting and cultivating new projects and organizations to join CultureTrust, and creating strategies for forming consortia and cohorts among projects for the purpose of collaborative fundraising, programming, and other initiatives;
- Administering the application process for new projects: fielding questions and inquiries, reviewing applications for completeness and criteria compliance, providing feedback to applicants, managing the internal review process for new projects with CultureWorks, and preparing proposal reports for quarterly review by the Board of Trustees of CultureTrust;
- Managing communications and logistics concerning the CultureTrust governance process through the quarterly meeting cycle of the Board of Trustees, including preparing all meeting documents, managing meeting logistics, recording minutes, and maintaining the Board Book for CultureTrust;
- Managing and overseeing all active projects under CultureTrust, including, but not limited to administering all of the policies and procedures of fundraising, financial, and human resources management set forth in the CultureTrust Guide for Projects. A copy of the Guide for Projects will be made available to all candidates invited for interviews in advance of their appointments;
- Developing, refining, and implementing management policies and systems for CultureTrust in collaboration with CultureWorks staff and the Board of Trustees. These may include the development of online enterprise software solutions, improvement of forms and data gathering processes, maintaining and building culturetrustphila.org, and updating cultureworksphila.org as it relates to the Trust Program through which CultureWorks provides management to CultureTrust;
- Verifying deliverables and outcomes for all CultureTrust projects, assisting with the annual compliance process, and compiling an annual report on all CultureTrust projects.
Candidates should have the following:
- 3-5 years of management experience, preferably in a small-to-medium nonprofit.
- 2-3 years of experience with institutional development and fundraising.
- Familiarity with basic accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping principles.
- Familiarity with basic elements of contracting, employment, and vendor management.
- Highly organized with consistent, reliable attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Interest in and knowledge of the cultural sector in Philadelphia.
- Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft Excel), Mac OS, QuickBooks a plus.