The University Gallery is located in Commerce Texas and is recognized for its dynamic exhibitions schedule and its contribution to the University’s Art Programs, Campus Community and Community at large. In addition to the University Gallery, The Coordinator will also help coordinate exhibits in the Sam Rayburn Student Center, James Gee Library, Present’s Gallery and other venues. The ideal candidate is multi-talented and vibrant with demonstrated curatorial and supervisory experience. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Other duties as required.
Undergraduate degree in museum studies, art history, visual arts or related field.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects with tight deadlines.
• Good knowledge of exhibition installation materials, tools, and best
• Ability to work with multiple project teams.
• Excellent analytic, planning, and organizational skills; detail oriented;
able to determine and adjust competing priorities.
• Knowledge, awareness, or enthusiasm for art, art history, and design is a plus.
Masters degree in museum studies, art history, visual arts or related field.
• Work Experience in a gallery or museum setting
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience as a special events coordinator