Asia Society, a prestigious, global, educational and cultural non-profit seeks a
Manager, Museum Media Initiatives to assist with the public outreach of the
Museum including the planning and establishment of the Asian Art and Museum Network
and its Online component.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Museum Special Initiatives and Senior Vice President, develop and coordinate an annual plan for public and media outreach including milestones and new strategy for online outreach.
- Manage the network of fellows and content experts for the Virtual Museum.
- Assist in the conceptualization of the redesigned Museum website, a major component of which will be providing online platforms for communication across the Network.
- Initiate and develop a multi-year plan for implementation of the Online platform of the Network and its virtual museum.
- Develop and maintain special target and contact lists, and outreach plans for the Museum.
- Assist in the editorial process including assembling assets for the Museum website, writing and/or editing and copy editing content and copy for the website; coordinating images for the website(s) including media requests in conjunction with other AS departments.
- Assist with planning timelines and budgets in consultation with Director of Museum Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in English, Communications, or Art History.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- 3-5 years experience with online and website development, including media outreach, production timelines, and budget management..
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite skills; knowledge of Photoshop, Filemaker (or equivalent database), design programs.
- Strong knowledge of content management systems and social media.
How to apply:
Email your cover letter and resume indicating salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org. List position reference code FY1410IDand job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. For benefits information go to: www.asiasociety.org/jobs
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.