International Museum of Women
Position: Digital Communications and Media Manager
Location: San Francisco (required)
Temporary (February – June 2014, with some availability for training in January)
30-40 hours per week
The International Museum of Women (IMOW) is seeking a creative, energetic, web-savvy digital communications professional with a flair for words and a passion for using social media to inspire social change. IMOW is an innovative online museum inspiring creativity, awareness and action on vital global issues for women.
The Digital Communications and Media Managerwill be a key contributor to alldigital initiatives and is responsible for creating, maintaining, promoting and evaluating IMOW’s website and media-rich online exhibitions, as well as IMOW’s related social media presence, blog, and e-newsletters.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative, an excellent writer, a flexible and enthusiastic team player and supremely organized. They will be passionate about leveraging storytelling and social media to make a global impact on the lives of women.
Reports to:IMOW ‘sVice President, Exhibitions and Programs
- Develops and maintains website content on a daily basis, including preparation of all image, text, and multimedia assets for uploading into content management systems.
- Leads website writing and editing and provides final review and edit for all site content.
- Curates and edits content. During the period of this position, the Manger will review, edit, and upload crowd-sourced content for an online exhibition about global women’s human rights. This includes tracking and logging all submissions, corresponding with artists globally about missing submission elements, coordinating an internal submission review process, heavily editing submissions for publication, and communicating with artists about the status of their submissions.
- Maintains a robust daily presence on Facebook and Twitter, achieving agreed performance metrics on reach and sharing
- Manages the IMOW blog, e-newsletters, news releases and event promotional emails.
- Creates and implements website traffic-building and engagement strategies. Provides site-wide traffic analysis and reporting of site traffic and social media reach
- Manages IMOW’s digital assets, including organizing all images and audio/video files.
- Contributes to IMOW creative projects and planning.
- A 4-year degree and at least 2 years work experience in communications, digital outreach, journalism, or related field is required.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience with social media, including a solid track record in website and social media marketing.
- Experience writing and editing popular content for online audiences.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a small organization with limited resources.
- Excellent communication, collaborative, and organizational abilities and ability to multi-task.
- Experience managing traffic and analysis of online traffic patterns. Familiarity with best practices for online traffic generation and search engine optimization.
- Technical expertise with content management systems, media editing tools and software, knowledge of website design and production. Proficient in basic HTML, Drupal, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and document sharing tools such as Google Docs and Dropbox
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about global women’s human rights issues.
About the International Museum of Women:
The International Museum of Women (IMOW) uses art and multi-media to inspire creativity, awareness and action on vital global issues for women. As a completely virtual museum, IMOW presents its exhibitions online and stages events and installations in worldwide locations. IMOW’s offices are in San Francisco, where the museum team works with a dispersed global community of partners, curators, artists and thinkers. IMOW attracts over 750,000 annual online and offline visits from over 200 countries. Visit the museum at www.imow.org.
The International Museum of Women is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Email resume, cover letter, and writing samples firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line Digital Communications and Media Managerand your last name. The application deadline is December 1, 2013, however early applications are encouraged.No phone calls please. Applications without cover letters and writing samples will not be considered.