|Posting Title||Culture & Arts Education Coordinator|
|Job Requisition Number||COA071921|
|Division Name||Pard O. Henry Museum|
|Minimum Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in related field plus one (1) year of experience related to the development and implementation of the assigned programs.
One (1) year of additional experience may substitute for one (1) year of college, up to a maximum of four (4) years substitution
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants||Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
• Detailed, complete employment application is required to help better evaluate the applicants qualifications, and will be used to determine salary if the applicant is the top candidate that is selected for this position.
• Employment history dates must include month and year.
Driving Record and other Certifications:
• If selected as a finalist, a Texas Class C Driver’s License or have the ability to acquire one by the date of hire will be required. Chosen applicant may be required to drive a fifteen (15) passenger van.
• Must have CPR/AED and First Aid certifications within thirty (30) days of hire date.
|Pay Range||$17.80 – $22.70|
|Hours||Variable 40 hours per week.
• Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
• Required to work during special events and programming needs.
• Evenings, Weekends, & Holidays may be required.
|Job Close Date
Departments may close a posting at their discretion
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Department||Parks & Recreation|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||411 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701|
|Preferred Qualifications||Prefer Experience in the following:
• College credit hours from an accredited college or university with a major in Education, Art History, Public History, Museum Studies Anthropology, Sociology or other related field.
• Experience working in a museum setting, including museum operations and collection management processes.
• Experience in scheduling and implementing educational programs and special events.
• Knowledge of and the ability to curate exhibitions.
• Knowledge of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
• Experience in the developing, planning and in the implementation of education K through 12th grade curriculum content, particularly in the areas of the State of Texas History, Social Studies and in Language Arts.
• Knowledge of Past Perfect and/or a similar museum software system.
• Experience working with diverse populations and communities, including public speaking and interacting with individuals of diverse social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
• Experience in hiring, training and supervising temporary staff including volunteers and docents.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficient in various types of computer software including desktop publishing (Adobe-Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), MS Office Suite, registration software, social media communications and mass marketing software.
Other preferred experience:
Current certifications in the following:
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||The Culture & Arts Education Coordinator will work under the direction and administrative guidance of the Museum Site Coordinator, who reports to the Culture & Arts Education Manager, who reports to the History, Arts & Nature Division Manager.
Position work site will be at the O.Henry, Susanna Dickinson & Austin Fire Museums located at 411 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701.
• O. Henry Museum offers a look into the life of William Sidney Porter in the Austin years.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Develops and implements cultural & historical programs, activities, events and exhibits, including but not limited to the day-to-day management of historic buildings, surrounding grounds and artifacts housed in the museums.
Responsibilities – Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
• May fill in for supervisor in his or her absence.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.|
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
|EEO/ADA||City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.|