Hourly Rate: $21.03 (Minimum of Grade)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Supports the Getty Leadership Institute at Claremont Graduate University (GLI at CGU) executive
education, marketing and social media initiatives by creating, producing and posting materials in
accordance with the GLIs overall communications strategy. Provides online and content management
support for CGU’s Sotheby’s Institute of Art and Arts Management programs. Remains in contact with
GLI at CGU alumni, faculty and advisors. Networks with persons with similar inte rests and skills
throughout CGU, the technology field and the museum field to enhance problem solving possibilities.
Acts as technical troubleshooter and IT liaison between GLI and CGU/Claremont Consortium central IT
1. Acts as a key member of the GLI at CGUs programmatic planning team. Identifies online
partnership opportunities and grows long-term IT based relationships both on and off the CGU
2. Produces and manages all online content for the GLI, Sotheby’s and Arts Management programs.
Acts as html programmer, videographer and editor, graphic designer and interface manager for all
online initiatives. Ensures that GLI at CGUs thought leadership network presents a robust
opportunity for museum field professionals to connect with and contribute to evolving issues fo
importance to the field.
3. Researches new technologies, web-based media and social networking strategies as they affect
the museum and broader non-profit field, e-learning and dissemination opportunities. Identifies
and implements e-learning and social networking innovations for GLI at CGU.
4. Assesses information, CRM and CMS and other data management needs for GLI at CGU and
selects and designs appropriate software tools to meet those needs. As required, inducts and
trains new employees, interns and/or graduate student workers in GLI at CGU procedures.
5. Implements online strategies for evaluating GLI at CGU activities. Designs the evaluation delivery
and assists with analyzing data findings.
6. Designs templates and develops training for program faculty, consultants and collaborative
partners to post syllabus materials, educational modules, video and web conference materials.
Troubleshoots and provides on-call online support to various users during peak periods.
Procures and implements various marketing and promotion placements in accordance with GLIs
annual marketing plan and calendar.
8. Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
GLI at CGU is a small, tightly knit, highly professional operation in which all positions are
interdependent. The crucial qualities in all positions are excellence, initiative and an attitude of mutual
sup0ort. All positions also require a strong sense of responsibility, outstanding communications skills
and significant flexibility.
1. In-depth knowledge of technology related communications platforms and programming basics for
websites, social media, e-learning programs and video and web-based conferencing.
2. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and projects and maintain a fluid concept of time
3. Balances being an effective team member while performing at a high level on own initiative and
without direct supervision.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing training and teaching modules and of evaluating adult
learning and professional development programs.
5. Effective writing, editing and communication skills for written, graphic and video communications.
6. Able to communicate effectively both in persona nd via email with a wide range of GLI
constituents from program participants, museum directors, faculty, funders, partners and co –
7. Keen attention to accuracy and detail, with strong design sense and layout abilities.
8. Inquisitive and analytical with a problem solver attitude.
9. Advanced user of MS Office Suite including PowerPoint and Project, video and movie maker
software, Hobsons, Constant Contact, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Media, Graphic Design or other field or any combination of experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability, plus a minimum of five years’ experience
coordinating or managing online training and information initiatives. Experience in online higher ed or
adult education and/or social media/web management is a plus.
This is a part-time position (30 hours/week total). Regular hours for this position are flexible and will
be determined based on the candidate’s circumstances and the needs of GLI at CGU. Telecommuting
upon Executive Director’s approval. Hours may vary due to the needs of GLI. During peak periods of
production, hours can increase to 60-80 hours per week including weekends. Compensatory time off
upon Executive Director’s approval.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE VISIT THE CGU WEBSITE AT: http://www.cgu.edu/pages/1183.asp