A full-time position is available in the Education Department as the
Coordinator of School and Educator Programs. Responsibilities for this
· Being involved in all aspects of planning for School and Educator
Programs in the Whitney Museum’s new downtown building.
· The design and management of all aspects of Kindergarten through
Twelfth Grade guided visits and multiple part programs.
· The design and management of long-term school partnerships. This
includes continuing three existing partnerships with NYC public schools as
well as the creation of new partnerships in or near the Whitney’s new
· Creating and conducting an outreach plan for downtown and
· The hiring, training, and evaluation of freelance Museum
· Leading inquiry based tours for students and teachers.
· Oversight and management of school group scheduling.
· Creating and managing budgets for current and future School and
· The coordination of all Educator Programs, including the
development and implementation of Teacher Exchange, professional
development workshops for partnership schools, Summer Institutes, and
curricular materials such as Educator Guides.
· Creation and implementation of substantive evaluation projects.
· Writing grants and grant reports.
· Meeting and communicating with foundations and donors.
· Contributing to the museum community through publications and
Requirements: Master’s Preferred, B.A., background in art history, art
education, and/or museum education; 3-5 years professional experience,
including work with K-12 students, teachers and administrators; strong
organizational and communication skills; experience with program research
and evaluation. Museum, administrative, and managerial experience are also
required. The successful candidate will have sound knowledge of educational
and developmental theory as well as significant teaching experience.
He/she will be flexible and will be able to work well as part of the
School, Youth, and Family Programs team. Knowledge of contemporary art and
artists’ practice is imperative.
Position requires travel throughout NYC and extended hours for program
implementation during the week and on weekends.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Whitney Museum of American Art
Human Resources Department
945 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10021
No calls please.
*The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color,
national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of
diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant
positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a
contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.*