The Franklin Institute is hiring a Science Interpreter for the education
department. This is a full time salaried position.
Full-Time, 37.5 hours/week; 8:45AM-5:15PM, Wednesday-Sunday
*Minimum Qualifications:* BS/BA in science or science education discipline
with at least two semesters of college level physics, chemistry, biology or
related field. Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
highly motivated and self-directed with outgoing personality and enthusiasm
for science and technology, computer literacy with a working knowledge of
PC environments. Theater or performance experience preferred. Work schedule
is Wednesday to Sunday, 8:45AM-5:15PM. Occasional evening hours required.
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities:*
– Provide direct service to the museum visitor by delivering live science
shows and demonstrations. This involves a high degree of public speaking
and a solid understanding of science concepts, assisting visitors in way
finding throughout the museum, answering visitors. questions, and
redirecting inappropriate visitor behavior. Must be able to follow an
assigned schedule and attend all areas on time and as scheduled.
– Work as a member of Science Interpreter team in developing education
programs for use on museum floor, in exhibits and at educational events
– Assist in the training of Science Presenter volunteers.
– Work as a member of collaborative teams comprised of people from
different departments in the Franklin Institute.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
*Cover letters and resumes for part- and full-time jobs* can be submitted
to our Human Resources Department in a variety of ways:
– Send via Postal Mail:
– The Franklin Institute
Attn: Human Resources Department
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
– Fax to 1.215.448.1121.
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org, supplying in the subject line the position
for which you are applying.
– Deliver on-site to The Franklin Institute at the 20th Street Business
entrance security desk or in the Bartol Atrium Information Desk.