The Missouri State Museum is seeking an energetic Education Director to lead the institution’s educational programs and initiatives and serve as a key member of the senior management team. This position provides leadership and vision to create and implement engaging educational offerings that include school programs, public programs, special events and interpretive tours of the Missouri State Capitol. This position reports directly to the Museum Director and will work collaboratively both within the institution and with external partners and constituencies.
This coordinator is responsible for directing and overseeing all aspects of the Missouri State Museum’s educational and interpretive programming activities, to include innovative experiences for museum visitors of all ages. Educational programming will include communication of the museum’s story through the use of engaging educational opportunities, while maintaining and strengthening community and outreach relationships.
- Plans, directs and implements engaging interpretive and educational experiences for new and existing audiences that produce measurable results and visibility for the organization.
- Implements, in coordination with the Asst. Director, the Museum’s Interpretation Plan and updates long range goals as appropriate.
- Develops and implements a program schedule that is balanced and fiscally responsible.
- Provides guidance, direction and supervision to Museum Educators/Interpreters.
- Provides strategic and creative direction, content/program development and review; ensures that all interpretive and educational staff provides Museum visitors with a quality educational experience and that all content provided by staff is vetted for authenticity and accuracy.
- Leads effort to establish measurable objectives and practicable evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of educational content and interpretive techniques.
- Manages education/interpretation budget; recommends budget requests and tracks expenditures to ensure efficiency, strategic alignment, budgetary compliance and that programming is in support of the Museum’s strategic objectives.
Apply through the State of Missouri Merit Job system at http://www.ease.mo.gov. When you get to “Select a Job,” please choose “Interpretive Resource Specialist III” under Job Classification. The county is Cole County. For questions on the application process, please email Linda.Endersby@dnr.mo.gov.
- See more at: http://aam-us-jobs.jobtarget.com/jobseeker/job/16883226/?ct=t(November_3_201110_28_2011)#sthash.mWVH5b0f.dpuf