The Birmingham Museum of Art is looking for a dynamic educator to join the
education department in the newly created position of Volunteer Services
Manager. This new position oversees all aspects of the Museum’s volunteer
program, including recruiting, managing, scheduling, and retaining
volunteers. The Volunteer Services Manager will work with staff members who
directly supervise volunteers to ensure all volunteers are effectively
trained and well suited to their assignments. Additional responsibilities
- Serve as primary liaison between the education department, the docent
body, docent council, and various docent and volunteer committees.
- Communicate with the public to schedule tours that match groups’ needs
to Museum offerings and availability.
- Manage resources and operate systems to successfully schedule tours
- Create and maintain schedules, reports, and correspondence to sustain
the smooth operation of tours.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the visitor experience.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at