TITLE: Individual Giving Coordinator
DEPT: Individual Giving
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Individual Giving
HOURS: Full Time Regular, Monday- Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
The Individual Giving Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Individual Giving and supports the goals of the Individual Giving team through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high end annual and major gift donors. Maintains an active portfolio of annual and major donors and prospects through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintains and manages an active portfolio of annual and major gift prospects and donors focusing on the cultivation, solicitation and/or stewardship of each constituent. Tracks all moves with assigned prospects to assure overall coordination, individualized attention and to maximize the building of successful and long-term relationships.
- Interacts personally with the Board of Trustees and Overseers and members of the President’s Circle, Navigator and Conservation Societies and senior Aquarium staff.
- Serves as first point of contact for high end donor inquiries including scheduling behind-the-scenes tours and personalized, special requests. Conducts tours and leads special visits with donors and prospects.
- Provides support to the Individual Giving team in all cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Coordinates production of personalized letters including writing special acknowledgments for high end donors, Vice President of Development, CEO, and volunteer leadership as appropriate. Tracks, copies, files, and mails all correspondence relating to personalized donor interaction.
- Works directly with Board members and volunteers on fundraising and event related projects throughout the year.
- Assists in production of a variety of appeal mailings, including extracting accurate information from the donor database, merging, coordinating and preparing letters.
- Provides database support to the Individual Giving team entering and extracting accurate information including prospect tracking and entering individual data, contact notes, and actions in Raiser’s Edge. Prepares timely and accurate information, lists and reports, as assigned.
- Creates call sheets and keeps an accurate watch on gifts that come in and notifies the prospect manager/volunteer solicitor.
- Assists with management and execution of a wide array of special events such as cultivation and stewardship events and donor appreciation dinners – attends events as needed.
- Supports other special projects and performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to the offices of the VP for Development and CEO as appropriate.
- Maintains individual files through timely and accurate contact reports and communication of this information to all appropriate individuals within the department.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with three to five years experience in development or related activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Maturity of judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, produce high quality work and meet deadlines.
- Previous non-profit experience desired.
- Confidence in representing organization in professional and positive manner.
- Experience in problem solving environment.
- Must be available for some evening and weekend events.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE
April 05, 2014
Founded in 1969, the New England Aquarium is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. The Aquarium is redefining what it means to be an aquarium: combining education, entertainment and action to address the most challenging problems facing the ocean. Through a wide variety of educational programs and conservation initiatives, we make a lasting impact globally.