Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Hall of Human Life Education Associate will help visitors explore the science and topics surrounding human biology and health by providing guidance with exhibition components and offering access to tools and props that will enhance their experience and help them make meaningful connections. S/he will engage in on-going information research with Museum staff and outside experts in order to assist in the development of new interpretations/programing and updating current interpretations in HHL. Assist in the daily operation of the Interpreter Program including training and mentoring of the volunteers and staff. A successful candidate is someone with an enthusiasm for human biology, informal education.
- Assist in the training of approximately 2-4 Volunteers per shift, two sifts/day for a minimum of 104 shifts/year.
- Presentations/Interpretations in HHL at minimum 2 per week for a minimum of 104 interpretations/year.
- Assist in the creating of HHL interpretations, 2-3 per year.
- Learn at minimum 2-3 new interpretations per year.
This position is full-time, 35 hours/week, and requires one weekend day.
Manager, Hall of Human Life
- Post high school course work, technical degree, associates, degree or business certificate preferred.
- More than 6 months of human biology and/or health education experience.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.