The Walters Art Museum seeks a creative and vibrant individual to schedule
museum visits to partner outreach schools. Reporting to the Assistant
Director of Education & Public Programs, the incumbent will have
responsibility for the following:
* Develop and teach classroom and museum-based lessons for partner
outreach schools; lead tours and teach museum studio classes.
* Collaborate with teachers to ensure programs and resources are
interdisciplinary and curriculum-based.
* Work with docents to ensure positive museum experiences for school
audiences through training of appropriate content, educational theory and
* Research, write, and review resource materials.
* Lead teacher programs.
* Coordinate the museum’s homeschool workshops and student art shows.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* B.A. in art history, museum education, fine arts, or art history
plus year of related experience.
* Studio art teaching experience and a background in museum
education or classroom teaching preferred.
* Knowledge of developmental stages for K-12 students; of arts
integration; local and national art education standards; and application of
learning theories to art museum education.
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, written
and verbal computer skills.
* Must provide own transportation, as travel is required
Excellent benefits package. For consideration, send resume, cover letter
and salary requirements to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Application deadline: May 2, 2014.
An EOE. A drug and smoke free environment