Position: Art Loan Manager
Status: Full time, Salaried, Exempt, Benefit Eligible
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30
Reports to: Head of Corporate Program
DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum seeks an individual to assist in the administration of the Corporate Program, a membership initiative which provides for the loan of original, contemporary artwork to Boston-area businesses which support deCordova Museum’s mission.
Responsibilities include implementation of corporate art exhibitions, art handling, direct interaction with artists and corporate member contacts, management of program-specific social media efforts and the development and management of unique curatorial opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years artist and/or program management, preferably in cultural institution;
- 1+ years curatorial and exhibition-based program development experience strongly preferred;
- Extensive art handling experience, including experience with contemporary collections of both 2 and 3-dimensional objects;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly in off-site installation locations;
- Excellent oral/written communication and exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, on the telephone, and in writing with supervisors, staff, trustees, and other key stakeholders;
- Strong planning, strategic and organizational skills to effectively coordinate and prioritize workload;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Gmail. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database software highly desirable; knowledge and experience with collections database software and email marketing platforms a plus;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, positive attitude and sense of humor while working under pressure and against deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Head of Corporate Program, Liz Geller. When submitting application electronically, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and include Art Loan Manager in subject line of email. Applications may also be mailed to deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773, Attn: Human Resources. Please, no phone calls.
May 16, 2014
Established in 1950 and located just 20 miles west of Boston, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is dedicated to fostering the creation and exploration of contemporary sculpture and art through a dynamic slate of rotating exhibitions, innovative learning opportunities, and a constantly changing landscape of large-scale, contemporary sculpture and site-specific installations in its 30-acre park.
To learn more about deCordova visit decordova.org.
DeCordova is a member-supported, 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts , which receives funding support from federal and state cultural agencies, private and corporate foundations, and individuals.