Posted June 6, 2014
The Iowa Children’s Museum is accepting applications for the position of Education Program Coordinator. This is a full time, exempt position. Generally Monday through Friday; hours are flexible. Evenings and weekends as needed. Reports to Director of Education. Supervises museum educators
Educational Curriculum Development and Implementation
• Creates and oversees implementation of new and existing program content.
• Trains staff on educational program content, group management skills, and facilitator protocol for all programs.
• Provides direct supervision of all program facilitators
• Creates STEM content for programs and outreach activities
Specific Programs: Field Trips, Day Camps, Educational Outreach Programs and Events, Scout Events, Fun-tivities, and Celebrations
• Develops curriculum that is aligned with appropriate school curriculum and state educational standards
• Ensures that all programs are executed effectively to ensure visitor satisfaction and achievement of museum program goals.
• Creates and facilitates museum’s participation in Outreach activities.
• College Degree in education, early childhood, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years’ experience educating children and/or developing active learning programs in an informal educational environment
• STEM related expertise and/or experience preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Staff Management experience required
• Proven leadership skills
• Self-motivated and responsible
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Flexibility and calm demeanor is essential
• Ability to work cohesively with a team for common goals
• Enthusiastic about working in a children’s museum environment
• Appreciates the value of serious fun
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter specific to this position, resume, and references. Send this information electronically to email@example.com and put in the subject line: Program Coordinator.