Posted July 2014
Reporting to the Curator-in-Charge for Greek and Roman Art, the Research Assistant will assist in the preparation of a major loan exhibition on Hellenistic art. The position will include assisting with paperwork related to objects coming on loan, data entry in TMS, assisting with the preparation of the catalog manuscript and procuring of images, and assisting with the organization of a two-day scholarly conference to be held in conjunction with the exhibition. The candidates work will include research and writing. The Research Assistant will assist with other duties related to the exhibition including the gallery layout and installation process and will give gallery tours when the exhibition opens. Position is for two years. This full-time position has an end date of August 31, 2016.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in the preparation of a major loan exhibition of Hellenistic art.
• Assist with the preparation of paperwork for loans.
• Assist with the preparation of the catalog manuscript and procuring of images.
• Assist with the organization of a two-day scholarly conference to be held in conjunction with the exhibition.
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• Ability to work collaboratively with all staff within the Department and with colleagues throughout the Museum required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the staff of other museums and collectors required.
• Strong written skills and ability to undertake independent research required.
• Experience working with computer databases, such as TMS, and other computer programs such as Excel and Microsoft Word preferred.
Knowledge and Education:
• B.A. required.
• M.A. or PhD. in Art History preferred.
• Background in Greek and Roman Art with a knowledge of Hellenistic art preferred.
• Knowledge of Italian and German preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.