Apply by August 29, 2014.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Program, the installer position at the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum assists the organization’s Development and Corporate Program teams to assist with the delivery, care, installation and de-installation of artwork for Corporate Member installations at facilities in Massachusetts.
This position requires availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-4:30.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Installation of Corporate Program exhibitions, including both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional artwork.
- Appropriate care and handling of all Corporate Program Loan Collection and DeCordova Permanent Collection artwork.
- Repair of Corporate Program Loan Collection artwork, when appropriate – to include adjustments to framing, matting, etc.
- Appropriate assessments of Corporate Member installation sites to ensure safe installation of artwork and safe installation conditions for all DeCordova staff.
- Assistance with transportation to and from deCordova’s off-site storage for Permanent Collection pieces.
- Packing of artwork for mail shipment.
- Truck-driving and transportation of all deCordova owned-and-loaned artwork.
- Assisting with artist studio visits when necessary to ensure safe handling and transportation of artwork.
- Return of artwork to artists as required. On occasion this may include interstate vehicle transportation of artwork.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Extensive art handling experience, including experience with contemporary collections of both 2 and 3-dimensional objects.
- Extensive art installation experience, in museum and/or gallery settings.
- Experience and competency at matting and framing of artworks.
- Experience, competency, and comfort with driving 15 foot box truck.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds overhead.
- Attention to detail and sense of humor.
- BFA or MFA preferred.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Art Loan Manager, Nathan Bentley. When submitting application electronically email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, and addInstaller in subject line of email. Applications may also be mailed to deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773, Attn: Human Resources. Please, no phone calls.
August 29, 2014
$20.00 per hour