Applications due August 26, 2014.
The Operations Manager and Assistant to the Director at Fuller Craft Museum is responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the museum in support of the Director and the team.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Manage institutional work flow and coordinating scheduling of departmental initiatives and programs
· Supported by the museum staff accountant, ensure that all departments adhere to budget guidelines, and receive appropriate approvals on expenditures
· Building a strong administrative, financial, and curatorial team, as well as excellent esprit de corps of the organization; when required, work with functional heads to complete hiring
· Manage Museum budgets; provide direction to the Financial Manager and Accountant on budget management, expense approvals, expenditure controls, cash flow management, and report preparation for the Finance Committee and Board of Directors
· Work with the Associate Curator and Exhibitions Committee to budget exhibitions and determine revenue and cost recovery opportunities
· Ensure that key function activities within the museum not otherwise managed by full-time staff are completed, such as human resources, volunteer groups, development, educational programs, and, in the absence of full-time staff, community outreach
· Set priorities and ensure timely completion of development related tasks, including support of grant applications, filings, financial reporting, projections, and proposals
· Manage all human resource activities, including hiring, evaluation and promotion, HR policies and policy administration, employee relations matters and issues, and benefits administration
· Drive development of the annual operating plan and budget; work with Museum Director and Financial Manager in developing annual priorities and budgets
· Manage all other such tactical matters as necessary to ensure the professional management and operation of the Museum
Assistant to the Director
· In collaboration with the Director, set daily, weekly and monthly priorities for the museum staff, including administrative, retail, facilities, financial oversight, human resources and risk management programs. This position also serves as a key employee for Museum operations and reports financial information to the Museum Director, Treasurer, Finance Committee and Board of Directors on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Provide administrative support to Director that includes all areas of museum operations
· With Director, conduct weekly staff meetings; set work priorities with departmental leadership and employees to ensure timely completion of deliverables With the Museum Director, ensure that all other activities of the museum are maintained to ensure timely and professional operations and coordinated with all building renovation projects.
· 15-20 years of prior general management experience in a service organization; non-profit or foundation experience desirable, but not mandatory
· Demonstrated track record of managing young organization through growth and expansion
· Proven ability to develop and manage budgets
· Experience in interfacing with, or managing, large groups of volunteers desirable
Reports to: Museum Director
Time Commitment: Part-time (20 hours per week). Time requirement to be periodically assessed based on workload.
How To Apply:
To apply please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com