Applications due August 8, 2014
The Exhibition Media Coordinator works with the Exhibition Media Manager to coordinate and maintain key media pieces for the 9/11 Memorial Museum. The Exhibitions department oversees more than 90 media pieces, both static and interactive. This position works with a range of digital media including websites, mobile applications, and software applications. Reporting to the Exhibition Media Manager, this is a full-time, permanent position.
This position may require some early morning or evening hours for media testing and installation.
• Moderate and maintain exhibition media content using a custom Content Management System (CMS).
• Review visitors’ content submissions via exhibition media, including video and audio recordings made in the Museum’s recording studio.
• Participate in ongoing testing and review of software created for Museum exhibitions, including some user evaluation.
• Coordinate with internal Information Technology staff and external consultants to ensure performance of exhibition media and software.
• Working with other Exhibitions staff, project manage the development of new media pieces, interactive exhibition elements, and web projects as well as adjustments to existing media.
• Prepare materials for presentations for staff, consultants, and external constituents.
• Support other projects as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree required; studies in museum studies, library and information science, information technology, computer science, or liberal arts preferred. Graduate degree desirable.
• Familiarity with a range of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite, as well as iOS and Android devices.
• Excellent communication, research, organizational, and writing skills. Methodical and attentive to detail.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Experience with database management and entry preferred.
• Familiarity with basic HTML/XML and/or editing software, particularly Final Cut Pro, desirable.
• General knowledge of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993 events helpful.
• Include job title in the email subject field.
• Please state the location where job posting was seen.
• Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/8/14.
• Please visit our website at www.911memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.