Applications due August 31, 2014
The ICA’s Education department provides key resources and innovative programs for actively engaging wide-ranging groups of ICA audiences. As a key member of the Education Department, the Department Assistant will coordinate various internal and external communications regarding the department’s many activities. She/he is responsible for maintaining all program related calendars and schedules, event registration documents, and correspondence with program participants and the general public. The Education Department Assistant will serve as the department’s liaison with the general public, volunteers, ICA tour guides, and colleagues throughout the museum; will represent the department and its activities at weekly Operation Meetings. This individual will provide administrative and logistical support for all education programs and will work closely with the Director of Education on Special Projects. This position works closely with ICA Volunteer Tour Guides.
Tour Program Coordination
Facilitate all orientations for self guided groups to the ICA; Offer tours of exhibitions and ICA architecture to groups on a regular basis.
Coordinate all group and school tour requests and communicate tour policies and educational opportunities. Solicit information from tour requestor to provide a fulfilling & accommodating experience.
Schedule volunteer tour guides as needed to provide tours; communicate group’s needs and any unexpected changes to facilities that may affect their tours.
Coordinate tour schedule with Museum and Exhibition calendars.
Distribute confirmation forms to key staff and departments. Manage payments for all tours.
Communicate any increasing needs (i.e. curriculum, amenities, bus funding, etc) expressed by tour groups to Director of Education or Manager of Visitor Experience.
Work with Director of Education and Manager of Visitor Experience to enhance volunteer program.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all ICA Education programs, including curriculum for the Art Lab and Digital Studio, ICA websites, for teens and educators, and mailings, and any other museum initiative that affects communication with these audiences.
· Coordinate bi-weekly department meetings; draft agendas
· Maintain all registration information for education program participants and distribute to key staff, as needed.
· Maintain all RSVP information and coordinate setup for all committee and tour guide meetings led by department staff
· Provide support to staff before and during education events as needed.
· Manage education database and assist with program mailings, email blasts, and weekly fliers
· Assure that all education program information on website(s) is current and accessible
· Attend weekly operational meetings to represent department and its activities
· Maintain and provide statistics of education program participation
· Handle various inquiries regarding education activities via email and telephone
· Assist with other program tasks as requested by Supervisor
· Occasional Evening or weekend hours may be required for education events
BA in art, art education, art history or related field
At least 2 years experience working in an administrative role required
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required; knowledge of contemporary art desired
Experience working with a diverse audience, including volunteers desired
Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as attention to detail
Comfort with public speaking in front of large and diverse audiences
Experience in gallery teaching highly desired
Proven track record of managing multiple projects at once
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com. When applying include “Education Department Assistant” in subject line of email.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).
August 31, 2014