Applications due August 29, 2014.
This position serves as MoMA PS1’s primary liaison with the public. We are seeking a strong leader
with a confident public presence. We seek someone who has strong organizational and customer service skills, is highly detail oriented, and responsible and flexible. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be capable of carrying out a wide array of duties, and work well in a team environment. The position will require consistent weekend availability and flexible hours may be necessary during peak seasons and in evenings.
• Expertise in customer service principles, practices, and procedures; emphasis on arts/culture audiences preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks at once; demonstrate flexibility in light of shifting demands and priorities.
• Team player with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and member of the public; exercise tact and diplomacy at all times.
• Ability to take initiative and be solutions-driven.
• Proven ability to train, supervise, evaluate and motivate staff and volunteers.
• 5-7 years experience in a managerial capacity in Visitor Services related work.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• Strong computer skills.
• A knowledge of contemporary art desirable but not required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Oversight of long-term Visitor Services departmental policies, projects and goals.
• Lead and support the Visitor Services department of full and part time Visitor Services Managers, Coordinator, and Assistant and Associate staff. Manage the hiring, training, and evaluation of Visitor Services staff, interns and volunteers.
• Oversee all VS personnel-related issues including staff scheduling, staff assignments,
internal communication, conduct, discipline, assessments, and staff training programs. Ensure that all VS staff maintain excellent visitor service standards and adhere to policies, systems, and procedures.
• Oversee the development and coordination of all job-specific training and on-going education programs for the VS staff, including incorporating knowledgeable and appropriate background material in coordination with Curatorial staff.
• Provide lead project management, budget management, production and front of house planning for Warm Up summer music series in coordination with Warm Up Coordinator.
• Work with the COO to implement and conduct periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures.
• Develop and maintain department and program budgets as directed by COO.
• Prepare annual admissions projections and statistical reports using relevant budget and admissions data. Assemble and analyze relevant data, and prepare and deliver reports,
detailing VS activities, to the COO and Senior Staff team.
• Implements and track effectiveness of marketing/partner promotions in coordination with the Communications Director.
• Oversee cash management for admissions and event ticketing process.
• Oversee Visitor Services Managers in creating and implementing group sales packages and incentives to increase visitation.
• Switchboard and website content management in coordination with Communications department and Visitor Services Managers.
• Oversee Visitor Services Coordinator in managing internship program and organization and administration of the volunteer program.
• Provide support in planning and execution of special events at MoMA PS1.
• Manage and troubleshoot all interior and exterior crowd control activities; ensure all stanchions, crowd control barriers and signage are properly placed.
• Collaborate with Communications Director to develop brochures, public calendars, and other information and promotional materials.
• Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints that cannot be settled at the supervisory level, including managing and responding to patron’s complaints regarding any ticket or admissions issues.
• Master the basic knowledge of Altru ticketing system; both “front-end” and “back-end” features. Knowledge of all kiosk admissions equipment, including minor troubleshooting.
• Attend and support public programs and events.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Director of Visitor Services” in the subject line
MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Visitor Services” in the subject line.