Posted August 12, 2014
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Promotion & Sales, this person acts as an integral member of the department by providing leadership in customer service and ticketing operations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide leadership and supervision for staffs selling single and group tickets for approximately 150 events annually
• Manage the implementation of pricing and scaling structures for single ticket sales, subscription sales and special offers
• Execute the building and administration of events in Tessitura including seating charts, price tables, holds/kills, discounts, etc.
• Responsible for daily ticket printing and distribution, monetary reconciliation and deposit, onsite cash volume, settlement of credit card business – including subsequent chargeback processing.
• Oversee the inventory of ticket stock, envelopes, and enclosures;
• Serve as liaison with IS&T regarding the inventory and operation of the ticketing hardware, including ticket printers and scanners
• Oversee financial reconciliation for all box office transactions, preparing box office statements and event reconciliation reports; verify the end-of-run summary of receipts
• Support the marketing team with input and tracking of sales data Develops manifests and scales the house as necessary
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly cash and financial reports in accordance to organization guidelines
• Responsible for compliance to all company policies and procedures in order to adhere to all audit programs
• Recommend, implement and continually improve customer service policies and procedures
• Resolve ticketing issues and respond to customer inquiries with empathy and authority
• Maintain emergency processing plan for real time system failures
• Establish and develop relationships with ticketing contractors including Tessitura, Theatre Development Fund, Goldstar, etc.
• Serve as cross-departmental contact for VIP, artist, guest, and development seating needs
• Establish relationships with IS&T and Digital Marketing to coordinate issues needed for web sales and ticket kiosk. Serves as liaison with IS&T regarding the inventory and operation of the ticketing hardware, including ticket printers and scanners.
• Manage event inventory to ensure that ticket fulfillment occurs for all avenues: public sales, contractuals, press, VIPs, emergencies and special circumstances
• Hire and train volunteer staff
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in ticketing service with a 2 years minimum working with Tessitura
• 2 years of management or supervisory experience in ticketing or a closely related role
• Strong customer service ethic; professional, pleasant, empathetic demeanor
• Excellent telephone skills, email and MS Office abilities
• Knowledge of performing arts highly desirable
• Position requires frequent weekend and evening hours
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.