Posted August 14, 2014.
Associate Coordinator assists Sr. Communications Officer for The Costume institute (CI) in all facets of the daily process of managing the CI’s communications to promote special exhibitions, including work on the fall 2014 exhibition as well as the major spring 2015 exhibition with related projects and events throughout the coming year. The position also acts as a support in handling general press inquiries about the Costume Institute, and in working with exhibition sponsors and the CI Friends group. **This position will continue to be funded via The Costume Institute.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Respond to press inquiries via phone and email; processing and distribution of images, press materials, catalogues, etc.; as well as arranging for press gallery visits.
• Assist in overseeing and scheduling photo and many video shoots in the galleries and the CI.
• Assist with review and selection of images for approval and release to press.
• Help with credentials research for the CI gala; attend meetings, organize press visits, and other gala-related communications activity.
• Assist with press aspects of Friends of the CI events; write copy and select images for CI Friends Summer newsletter.
• Create and manage budgets for major press events. Manage press lists for emailed releases, press presentations, and rsvps for press events.
• Review and assemble media coverage for reports and clipbooks.
• Other related duties including the answering of phones, setting up meetings, etc.
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• One to three years fashion and/or public relations experience required
• Excellent writing and editing skills; photography selection and processing experience required
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, familiar with fashion and other media, and able to work on multiple deadlines simultaneously
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor of Arts degree required
• Knowledge of fashion industry and media required
• Word, Excel, PhotoShop, social media, and event experience required
• Foreign languages helpful
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.