Applications due August 29, 2014
The 9/11 Memorial Museum develops new content for exhibition display in the physical Museum galleries as well as on digital platforms in the exhibitions that chronicle the events of 9/11, the related global events that preceded the attacks, their aftermath, and their ongoing legacy. A team of Exhibition Coordinators support this work through research, content development, and fact checking.
Exhibition Coordinators also support the ongoing process of licensing exhibition assets, tracking use rights, and generating agreement renewals.
Exhibition Coordinators also work on creating and tracking audio clips for the Museum’s memorial exhibition, In Memoriam, and updating content for audio installations in the Museum’s historical exhibition, September 11, 2001.
This position will report to the Assistant Director of Exhibition Development.
The Exhibition Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
• Researching and developing content for special exhibitions and rotations.
• Developing content deliveries for staff, designers, and media producers.
• Documenting sources and maintaining reference files, which may include reviewing audiovisual programs and associated transcripts, diagrams, created graphics, and exhibition text for factual accuracy.
• Entering exhibition research and content information into asset database.
• Selecting and producing clips from audio remembrances for 9/11 victims and oral histories related to 9/11 and its aftermath.
• Supporting licensing and use rights tracking for exhibition assets.
• Assisting with other special projects as they arise.
• Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree in a liberal arts, library science, museum studies, or related program preferred.
• At least one year general office experience.
• Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills.
• Methodical and attentive to detail.
• Experience with database management and entry.
• Familiarity with range of computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite.
• General knowledge of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993 events helpful.
• Full-time position.
• We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
• Include job title in the email subject field.
• Please state the location where job posting was seen.
• Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 8/29/14.
• Please visit our website at www.911memorial.org
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.