Posted August 20, 2014.
The Associate Coordinator assists Chief Communications Officer for The Costume Institute (CI) in all facets of the daily process of managing the CI’s communications to promote special exhibitions, including work on the fall 2014 exhibition as well as major spring 2015 exhibition with related projects and events throughout the coming year. The position also acts as a support in handling general press inquiries about The Costume Institute, and in working with exhibition sponsors and the CI Friends group. This is part-time with an end date of 6/30/15.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Respond to press inquiries via phone and email; processing and distribution of images, press materials, exhibition catalogues, etc.; as well as arranging for press gallery visits.
• Assist in overseeing and scheduling photo and video shoots in the galleries and the CI.
• Write media alerts and press materials; review and select images for approval and release.
• Write social media messages about CI exhibitions, gala, and events.
• Help with credentials for the CI gala; attend meetings, organize press visits, and other gala-related communications activity.
• Assist with press aspects of Friends of the CI events; write copy and select images for CI Friends newsletter.
• Manage press lists and rsvps for emailed releases, press presentations, and other events.
• Review and assemble media coverage for reports and clipbooks
• Other related duties including the answering of phones, setting up meetings, etc.
• Other projects, as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• One to three years fashion and/or public relations experience required
• Excellent writing and editing skills; photography selection and processing experience required
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to work on multiple deadlines simultaneously
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor of Arts degree required
• Knowledge of fashion industry and media required
• Word, Excel, PhotoShop, social media, and event experience required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.