Hereâ€™s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
But first, it’s not quite news, but it’s worth checking out the Van Gogh Museum Cafe’s add, featured on Hyperallergic this week!
- Ground Is Officially Broken on Met Museumâ€™s â€˜David H. Koch Plazaâ€™
- Los Angelesâ€™ A+D Museum plans to show visionary designs for a city that never was
- Portland Museum of Art breaks attendance record with nearly 26,000 visitors in December
- Brooklyn Museum Finds Some Problematic Gifts Canâ€™t Be Returned
- Oakland Museum’s White Elephant Sale preview is Jan. 27
- Foreigner to become Louvre Museumâ€™s new chief?
- Art Institute, Museum Of Science And Industry Pursue Rate Hikes
- Museum of Arts and Design Director Announces Departure
- Dallas Museum of Art gears up for new policy of free general admission and free memberships, which starts Monday