Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
But first, if you’re in New York, stop in at the Museum of Art and Design for their current exhibition, Imagining the Future Museum. From proposals to scrap the physical collection to 3D printers, it looks like a lot of new and exciting ideas are on view. (I also wouldn’t mind seeing their Against the Grain exhibit.)
Also, my new favorite toy of the week? Mazda’s car museum — now on Google Maps? The tech is still in progress, of course, but how is this going to change our present and future museums.
And now for our regularly scheduled highlights reel:
- Was anyone watching the Gardner Museum watchman?
- Museum of Science exhibit combines learning and fun
- Two Rembrandts Make a Trip to Brooklyn Museum
- Under deal ending dispute, Art Museum and War Memorial will control own spaces
- BIG to design LEGO museum in denmark
- British Museum Is The UK’s Top Tourist Attraction…Again
- Huntsville Museum of Art holds White Elephant Sale, takes donations of household items
- Proposed African-American music museum looks for downtown Nashville location
- ‘Latino Museum’ proposed for National Mall