Hereâ€™s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
First: a very controversial exhibit at a Berlin Museum spurs this op-ed. Warning, the article and the exhibit may be offensive to some.
- San Franciscoâ€™s Exploratorium museum set to open in new, larger $300M digs along waterfrontÂ
- 9/11 Museum Exhibits Will Really Talk to VisitorsÂ
- An Important Message from the Director (The Met’s response to recent lawsuits)
- Parisâ€™ Louvre museum closed after staff walk off job to protest pickpocket problemÂ
- New Palestinian museum ‘safe place for unsafe ideasÂ
- San Franciscoâ€™s All-Age Science Museum Explores Mental Illness And, Subtly,Â HomosexualityÂ
- Donation Promises to Transform Metropolitan Museum into Major Cubist Art Center.Â
- DC museum prepares exhibit with items from JFKâ€™s assassination for first time