Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
First: a very controversial exhibit at a Berlin Museum spurs this op-ed. Warning, the article and the exhibit may be offensive to some.
- San Francisco’s Exploratorium museum set to open in new, larger $300M digs along waterfront
- 9/11 Museum Exhibits Will Really Talk to Visitors
- An Important Message from the Director (The Met’s response to recent lawsuits)
- Paris’ Louvre museum closed after staff walk off job to protest pickpocket problem
- New Palestinian museum ‘safe place for unsafe ideas
- San Francisco’s All-Age Science Museum Explores Mental Illness And, Subtly, Homosexuality
- Donation Promises to Transform Metropolitan Museum into Major Cubist Art Center.
- DC museum prepares exhibit with items from JFK’s assassination for first time