Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
My favorite story of the week? “Ancient Egyptian statue at Manchester Museum moves on its own, stumped curator says.” (Got an answer? Please please please tell me in the comments!)
- MFA’s sister museum in Nagoya, Japan, faces future with questions
- David Bowie Museum Exhibition to Be Shown Live in U.K. Movie Theaters
- New Gettysburg museum explores role of faith in Civil War
- One Eye on Art, the Other on Water
- British Museum to host exhibition about sex in Japanese art
- Anne Frank museum must give up family archive, Dutch court rules
- Museum visitors can ‘unwrap’ a mummy
- National Museum of Natural History Getting A T. Rex Skeleton
And my least favorite article this week: How Shocking: Met Unbuttons. It’s the end of an era!