Hereâ€™s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
- Maine museums to help museum efforts in Newtown
- Construction begins on Milwaukee Public Museumâ€™s solarÂ wall
- Factory Where Rosie The Riveter Worked Still Exists, Might Become AÂ Museum
- Georgia Museum of Art to host exhibition of forgotten modernist group
- Dinosaur Skeletons Headed to Auction, Not Museum
- Museum Hack, A Subversive Non-Traditional Tour of New York Cityâ€™s Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Kiev museum director paints over mural she calls a ‘provocation’
- Fire at The Resistance Museum
But perhaps the most hot-button issue of the week was the Smithsonian’s request to acquire Trayvon Martin’s hoodie for their museum collections. (Here’s the NY Post article.) What do you think?