Connected Learning Developer
The Peabody Essex Museum, one of the most dynamic art museums in the nation, is seeking a highly talented Connected Learning Developer for youth audiences, to join our Education and Interpretation department. Under the direction of the Manager for Connected Learning, the position willcreate meaningful museum experiences for students ages 5 – 18 that make connections between works of art and participants’ everyday lives; develop a sense of belonging to and excitement about the museum; inspire personal creativity, critical thinking, and communication skills; and develop and maintain strong relationships between the museum and its neighboring partner organizations. The position collaborates closely with colleagues on related initiatives for student and teacher programs, digital resources, and gallery and studio learning for students.
· Plan, implement and oversee out of school and extended hours learning programs and initiatives for youth ages 5-18, including the museum’s subsidized Art Link program, and related special events at the museum and at partner institutions.
· Manage new and existing Art Link program partners through partner meetings, events and professional development programs.
· Develop and maintain community partnerships in Salem, Lynn and neighboring communities through schools, afterschool providers and community organizations.
· Develop and implement, with guide and volunteer staff, age appropriate art-making programs that connect directly to gallery visits.
· In collaboration with the Manager of Connected Learning set strategic programmatic and participation goals on an annual basis.
· Partner with the Creative Engagement Producer for multigenerational audiences, to develop and lead the museum’s week-long summer camp program, Arts Adventures Club.
· Help train and oversee PEM volunteer Guides to lead related programs. Work with Guide Program Manager to schedule guide staff.
· Oversee and manage budget for out of school learning programs including Art Link.
· Contribute to assessment strategies and implement the distribution and collection of feedback and survey forms on a regular basis; maintain and track attendance and demographics data for reporting to museum staff and funders.
The successful candidate will need to be a forward-thinking digital innovator with proven experience in embedding digital in their working processes and program implementation. The role requires the ability to communicate effectively across the museum in a variety of formats.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.Two to three years of successful, relevant experience developing and managing youth or related community education programs in a cultural institution, creative arts or educational organization is required.Excellent organizational skills, including ability to monitor and keep track of all program details Superb interpersonal skills, flexibility, positive attitude and passion for the power of creative experiences especially in museums are essential.
Interested candidates should send their resumes with cover letters and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply to Human Resources, Peabody Essex Museum, East India Square, Salem, MA 01970-3783. PEM is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
March 04, 2016