|Please Touch Museum seeks a Membership Manager to build and support the membership program.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to: measuring and testing the effectiveness of membership marketing strategies; proactively establish new membership incentives and programs; managing the processing of new and renewal memberships through Siriusware; accurately maintaining membership records and membership database; handling member inquiries; troubleshooting customer complaints; and planning, developing, managing all membership events.
The Membership Manager must establish a rapport with the current Museum members and visitors and increase the effectiveness of the Membership program. The Manager must also maintain positive, supportive and collaborative relationships with the Admissions and Visitor Services staff.
- Maintain & evaluate membership database along with membership programming;
- Prepare and reconcile monthly financial reports with Finance;
- Research, implement and develop programs for Membership;
- Prepare monthly membership reports and evaluate membership renewal and acquisition program based on membership goals; serve as lead trainer of Membership sales to admissions and visitor services staff;
- Establish a healthy relationship, and implement bi-monthly meetings, with Admissions/Visitor Services staff to encourage a constant/consistent exchange of information and ideas;
- Collaborate with Education Department to create ways to engage and enhance membership programming/experience;
- Collaborate with External Relations Department on areas of membership promotion – birthday parties, social media, marketing & advertising;
- Use Social Media outlets for promotional purposes (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Manage members and visitor’s needs with sensitivity; Manage the process of new memberships, renewals, and gift memberships; serve as the point person for our annual membership acquisition campaign;
- Management of all membership events in cooperation with the Manager of Special Events & Projects;
- Collaborate with the Director of Individual Major Gifts and the Annual Giving Coordinator on the cross selling of general membership and the Museum’s VIP Centennial Guild membership and giving program;
- Attend all membership functions;
- Utilize independent judgment to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion. Complete assignments in a timely manner and within museum’s standards;
- Serve as a committee representative and departmental liaison for Membership;
- Supervise Membership Specialist position;
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action in a timely manner and in accordance with museum policy;
- Report, record, and forward membership and event payments to Finance; maintain and manage the museum’s Membership program budget with the Director of Development Systems & Research and Vice President of Development;
- Develop an understanding of the Raisers Edge data system; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.