Manager, Outreach & Community Engagement
Organization: Awbury Arboretum
Administrative, Marketing & Public Relations, Programming, Philadelphia
County (PA), Science, Nature, & Gardens
Awbury Arboretum seeks an energetic, experienced and creative individual to manage our community engagement efforts. This new position will evolve.
* Direct Communications, Membership Development and Community Outreach
* Work with an Outside Firm to Redesign Our Website
* Develop a Program of Regular Outreach to Members, Public and Media Using Electronic and Print Resources
* Design and Implement a Volunteer Program
* Manage Community Events and Other Public Programming
* Social Media, Websites and Database Management
* Public Speaking, Writing and Site Interpretation
* Urban Parks, Horticulture and Agriculture
* Volunteer Management Program Design and Development
* Community Development or Organizing
* Events Management
* Environmental Education and Historic Preservation
This is not an entry level position but could be right for someone with some project management experience and ready for more responsibility.
Note: This is a very hands-on position which will include extensive public contact and some evening and weekend work. Awbury Arboretum is a
55-acre public park in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
Please send cover letter and resume to: kanderson[atawbury[dot]org.
Electronic submissions required; include job title in subject line. No phone calls please!