Canterbury Shaker Village
Canterbury, New Hampshire
Director of Development
Canterbury Shaker Village, seeks Director of Development with proven ability to achieve fundraising goals and meet targets and deadlines. CSV is an outdoor history museum and National Historic Landmark in Canterbury, NH.
About Canterbury Shaker Village:
Founded in 1969, CSV preserves the legacy and values of the Canterbury Shakers in a 21st-century context. CSV has 25 original Shaker buildings on 694 acres. Opportunity to join successful, inspirational Director to advance internationally renowned museum; and long-term, to launch capital campaign. Enjoy small-city or suburban/rural lifestyle, 20 minutes from Concord, NH. Visit www.shakers.org.
- 4+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- B.A. (M.A. preferred)
- Proven track record in corporate sponsorships, grant-writing, individual gifts, and annual fund.
- Able to hit the ground running.
- Computer proficiency including Raiser’s Edge software.
- Ability to implement effective, timely fund-raising program to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual budget targets.
- Social skills and initiative to meet and engage high-level donors and to proceed from cultivation to effective asks.
- Basic knowledge of planned giving and events management.
- Enjoys asking for support and gets satisfaction from ensuring the success and advancing the mission of an organization.
- Energetic, positive, “let’s get it done” attitude.
- Can manage projects independently and with others.
- Excellent writer and speaker.
- Museum experience preferred.
Nominations welcome. Apply in confidence. Email résumé (Word doc), letter, list of 3 references, and salary requirement to search consultant: Marilyn Hoffman, Museum Search & Reference at: SearchandRef[at]museum-search[dot]com by February 7, 2011. EOE.