- Sheryl’s list of links (on Diigo) for: iPad Research & iPad Initiatives at other schools;
- Key Findings from Pepperdine Study
- iPad Rescue Struggling Am Ed System – March 2013 - Tablets Revolutionizing Education (article)
Selected iPad initiatives in Higher Ed:
- Assumption College: Honors iPad Program
- Project Overview
- Student Contract
- Faculty Project Proposal Application – We use an application based on this for our Technology Minigrant program. In addition to specifying outcomes, faculty must consider how to assess the results of the project.
- MassBay Community College’s iPad project’s initial proposal: iPad Business Case Proposal at MassBay Fall 2012
- Pepperdine – extensive resources on initiative & study
- Tufts: Program Overview & Intro Resources, Project Charter (includes goals)
- Documents for faculty & students: Getting Started Guide-Faculty, Getting Started Guide-Students, Study Consent-Faculty, Study Consent-Student, Loaner Agreement Form-Faculty, Loaner Agreement Form-Student,
- Documents for project management: Project Mmt Spreadsheet, iPad Checkout Process/Checklist,
- Preliminary outcomes: Draft Report, Fall 2012, Blog posts from our student employees, Article in our newsletter, annecdotal: more interest for May symposium, awards nomination from student.
General Resource on iPads in Higher Education:
- Apple Store: walk into any Apple store and get your questions answered!
- iPad User Guide: To locate it, go to Safari on your iPad > Bookmarks > iPad User Guide
- Apple Education Resources, Apple Education Profiles
- Educause ELI: 7 Things You Should Know About the Evolution of Textbooks
- Murray, O.T. and Olcese, N.R. 2011. Teaching and Learning with iPads, Ready or Not? TechTrends. Vol. 55, No. 6, pp 42-48. Are iPads a revolution in education or not? The authors evaluate the devices as learning tools and highlight some of the possible barriers which lead the authors to believe that the iPad will not “ignite a revolution in schools.”
- Horizon Report, Higher Ed Edition, 2013 , has a great section on tablet computing.
Leave a reply to post an additional research, use cases, or general resource: