- This event has passed.
Duke MBA Net Impact Conference on Sustainable Business and Social Impact (SBSI)
February 20, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Focus: The track will focus on organizations that utilize or act as enablers for the development and adoption of technologies that employ less energy, consume fewer natural resources and drive social improvements to address the global environment and social issues. Panelists will include participants from public and private companies as well as NGO organizations. These representatives will speak from a variety of perspectives (consultants, investors and entrepreneurs) on panels that focus on local, domestic or international technology expertise. Topics may cover:
- The Energy Outlook
- Sustainable Technologies for the Developing World
- Technology Innovations in Sustainability
Focus: The panels will bring together an array of organizations committed to providing financial capital and mission-support to development initiatives both domestically and internationally. Panelists will include individuals from the nonprofit and for-profit sectors to discuss business models, success stories and lessons learned. Topics may cover:
- Bringing Microfinance Home: Adapting for America
- Which Money? Exploring the Spectrum of Philanthropy, Grants, Debt, Equity and Impact Investing
- The Democratization of Giving
Focus: The panels will bring together education, health and community development experts to analyze and discuss the steps needed to address these issues locally and at the national level. Panelists will include individuals from NGOs, academia and for-profit organizations. Topics may cover:
- How is Education Reform Really Happening?
- Is It Scalable? Duke & Global Health
- A Lesson in Community Development – Durham
Focus: The track will focus on organizations that leverage sustainability not only for environmental benefits, but also as a value proposition to drive the success of their businesses. Panelists will include companies promoting sustainable brands, operations, and consulting services. Topics may cover:
- Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s and B-Lab: Bringing Values to Consumers
- Sustainability Projects Helping the Bottom Line
- Who’s Willing to Pay for Sustainability?