Event Kinematics Calculations
- Kinematics Calculations Requires:
- Muon 4-Momentum
- Proton Kinetic Energy
- Pi0 Total Energy
- Two Different Signal Categories
- Gold: Long Proton
- Silver1: Short Proton
Task: Select Leading Proton
Different scenarios for Proton Candidates in the Event
- No Proton Candidate:
- Leading Proton = Proton at Rest
- Single Proton Candidate:
- Multiple Proton Candidate:
- Leading Proton = Highest Proton Scored Candidate
- PROBLEM: In case of 1 or more Proton Candidates
- We can have a proton candidate with a very low score
- I think we need a selection for selecting Leading Proton
- truthIsPlausible() is one of the mandatory functions for MINERvA Framework
- Recently it was updated. Here is the summary of the update:
truthIsPlausible() is now a pure virtual function of MinervaAnalysisTool, so you must implement it. It is called automatically by PhysicsEventAnalysisAlg AFTER reconstructEvent() and interpretEvent() are run. If it returns false, the event is not included in the analysis ntuple
- I am using muonIsPlausible() which checks whether the muon prong consist of MC Hits
- In my package, truthIsPlausible() is NOT doing anything for now
- In future I may implement truthIsPlausible() to check proton or pi0 hits in addition to muon
- There is no longer “Cut_Event_Not_Plausible”
We still have problems for nearline file management and I listed the ones I found. Here is the list of folders need to be managed.
- Synchronize /scratch/nearonline/var/job_dump/ with /minerva/data/online_processing/swap_area/
- Synchronize /scratch/nearonline/var/gmplotter/plotter/ with /minerva/data/users/nearonline/gmbrowser/plotter/
- Synchronize /scratch/nearonline/var/gmplotter/www/ with /minerva/data/users/nearonline/gmbrowser/www/
- Copy Files from /scratch/nearonline/var/gmplotter/www to email@example.com:/opt/if-wbm/htdoc/minerva/echecklist/gmb_hists
Here is the status of each section
1) I modified the script to use rsync command to sync between /scratch/nearonline/var/job_dump/ with /minerva/data/online_processing/swap_area/ For now, we have a stable synchronization between two folders however,this method copies the .log files also, which is unnecessary.
2,3) No USER “nearonline” under /minerva/data/users Setup script assigns the following export NEARLINE_BLUEARC_GMPLOTTER_AREA=/minerva/data/users/nearonline/gmbrowser There is a “nearonline” user under /minerva/app, however we should not copy any data file to the /minerva/app.
4) e-Checklist works, I conclude this section works. I did not checked the details.
We should organize a plan to solve all the problems in nearline file management. I propose the following,
- Lets use rsync command for 1,2,3
- We need to create a folder “/minerva/data/users/nearonline” and let other systems know where we are copying the files.
- If there is a folder I forgot to sync between nearline and bluearc, that folder also needs to be added to the script.
The automated “nearline_bluearc_copy.sh” script on mnvnearline1 fails to copy necessary files from local_dump_area to online_processing/swap_area
(from /scratch/nearonline/var/job_dump to /minerva/data/online_processing/swap_area)
- Investigating mnvnearline1:scripts/nearline_bluearc_copy.sh
- Script runs automatically every 5 minutes.
- Log file for the script: /scratch/var/nearonline/logs
- Local copy from HEAD to following folders WORKS
- NEARLINE_DUMP_AREA /scratch/nearonline/var/job_dump
- NEARLINE_LOCAL_GMPLOTTER_LOCATION /scratch/nearonline/var/gmplotter
- The problem is with the python script “filechecklist.py”
- It does not generate the file list for files from the following folders:
- It works for the following folder
- Since there is no file list generated by the python script “filechecklist.py”, NO files copied to the swap_area
- I modified the script to use rsync command.
- Now it synchronizes the local_dump_area and online_processing/swap_area
- Inside the script Jeremy notes that, “using rsync for this stage incurs a lot of overhead on the BlueArc disk”, therefor, he writes a more efficient script “filechecklist.py” for this task
- The Problem is confirmed.
- .fileindex under /scratch/nearonline/var/job_dump got corrupted and causing “file checklist.py” to crash for that folder
- Using rsync manually fixed the .fileindex
- Software sync between mnvonlinelogger and mnvnearline1 updates the nearline_bluearc_copy.sh script to the original version
- Now everything works as before. The near ine_bluearc_copy.sh script copies the changed files to bluearc area using “file checklist.py”