- University of Minnesota Duluth group updating a pretty old UROC
- They installed all Minerva and MINOS Software and have some problems with the ValidationTools, GMBrowser and RunVetoHVMonitor
- Other than these 3 everyhing working and they started their shadow shift.
- UROC_sw_manager.py fail to “make clean” and “make” package
- I removed the ValidationTools folder and ran UROC_sw_manager again – It worked!
- GMBrowser crashes (not responding)
- Update ControlRoomTools/gmbrowser folder to HEAD
- Remove gmbrowser folder and run UROC_sw_manager.py
After these failed attempts, I concluded that the problem seems to be related with ROOT version they are using.
- Rick installed ROOT 5.34 by building and tried running GMBrowser
- Script fail to open GUI
- Problem is the missing “-x” option from SSH Command, they locally modified the script.
- I need to modify and upload the correct version to CVS
- Dead SSH Connections between runcontrol server.
Warning: remote port forwarding failed for listen port 3012
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
File “/home/minerva/mnvruncontrol/backend/Threads.py”, line 236, in run
File “RunControl.py”, line 1413, in ConnectDAQ
success = self.PrepareSSHTunnels(ssh_user=ssh_user, remote_host=remote_host, remote_port=remote_port)
File “RunControl.py”, line 1621, in PrepareSSHTunnels
deliveries = self.postoffice.SendTo(message=test_msg, recipient_list=recipients, timeout=3.0, with_exception=True)
File “/home/minerva/mnvruncontrol/backend/PostOffice.py”, line 1298, in SendTo
responses = self.SendWithConfirmation(message, timeout, with_exception)
File “/home/minerva/mnvruncontrol/backend/PostOffice.py”, line 1325, in SendWithConfirmation
raise AlreadyWaitingError(“SendWithConfirmation can’t wait for multiple messages simultaneously.”)
AlreadyWaitingError: SendWithConfirmation can’t wait for multiple messages simultaneously.
- Restarted the computer
- Tried to remove all SSH connections
- ps -ef | grep ssh
- kill <pID>
- There was no idle SSH Connections
- Checked Tufts UROC-02 listener port
- It was 3012 (same as UROC)
- Changed UROC listener port to 3017
- It worked!
- Updated the UROC_User_Details wiki page for the new listener ports