- History and Purpose
- Release Notes
- User Guide
- Contact Us
- What is the Perseus Catalog?
- How are the record identifiers created?
- What is the meaning of ‘tlg’, ‘phi’, and ‘stoa’ in the record identifiers?
- What is a work identifier?
- Does the Perseus Catalog support Linked Data standards?
- How do I request a correction or addition to the Perseus Catalog?
- Is there a search API available?
- Our Logo
The Perseus Catalog logo is a modification of one of the wings of Medusa from original artwork based on the terracotta relief of Medusa with Pegasus from Syracuse, ca. 600 BCE.
The Perseus logo has long featured our hero carrying Medusa’s head. As the catalog takes wing, our beloved Gorgon has earned the chance to participate in a more dignified manner.