The Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy program at Tufts University is pleased to announce its inaugural issue of Practical Visions, a scholarly journal published annually by UEP’s graduate students. The premier journal edition will be published in the spring of 2013.
We invite academics and practitioners from a diversity of disciplines to contribute work questioning dominate paradigms and exploring nexuses of political, natural and built environments at community, regional and global scales. As the UEP department approaches its 40th year, we reflect on our world’s rapidly evolving social and ecological landscapes. The challenges with which we are presented demand unprecedented innovation, collaboration and creativity. With this in mind, we encourage submissions that exhibit inventive, interdisciplinary, rigorous and even playful approaches.
We invite submissions in a wide variety of formats including:
- Papers (5,000 words or less)
- Opinion editorials/commentary regarding timely topics (1,500 words or less)
- Photographs and photographic essays
- Illustrations/Drawings/Infographics Designs Maps
Guidelines for submissions
Individuals may submit more than one but no more than three pieces for consideration. The editorial staff will review submissions and inform authors with a decision by March XX.
Please include the following items with your submission:
- Cover Page with your name, a brief statement of your background (affiliation, area(s) of focus, degrees) and contact information (email and phone number)
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- File Formats: All written work must be submitted as Microsoft Word “doc” or “docx” file in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font and double-spaced.
- Illustrations, design renderings and maps should be submitted as a high res PDF or JPEG no larger than 11×17.
Submission Deadline: December XX, 2012 (11:59 pm) Please email all submissions, questions, or comments to email@example.com.