PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security is accepting submissions for publication in its 2014 issue.
Scholars and practitioners in humanitarian assistance, international development, human rights, and conflict resolution are increasingly recognizing the value of exploring the intersections between these distinct but related fields. The emerging human security paradigm combines this trend with an emphasis on the inclusive well-being of individuals, especially the most vulnerable or marginalized.
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security provides a platform for cutting-edge research that explores the links between theory and practice. PRAXIS articles cover a range of human security issues from a cross-disciplinary perspective, with a focus on the dignity of the individual. Past articles have applied a human security lens to a variety of issues, including refugee repatriation, transitional justice, corruption, environmental degradation, international law, public health, aid reform, peacebuilding, gender issues, and youth engagement.
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security invites experienced practitioners, academics, and students to submit articles and book reviews on all topics within the realm of human security.
- Original contributions, illustrative of cutting-edge knowledge in the human security field
- Solid research supported by proper citation of sources
- A cross-disciplinary perspective linking various fields or concerns
- Response to timely issues and/or gaps in the literature
- Implications for strengthening theory, policy, or practice
- Articles should be 15-30 double-spaced pages
- Book reviews should be 4-7 double-spaced pages
- Authors must include a one paragraph abstract
- References must be in endnote format in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Authors should submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- Friday, December 13, 2013, by 5pm for Round 1 consideration
- Friday, January 3, 2014, by 5pm for Round 2 consideration
ALSO ACCEPTING VIEWS FROM THE FIELD FOR THIS BLOG!!
PRAXIS invites you to share your experiences from the field. These are short narrative pieces that try to give a flavor of graduate students’ and professionals’ experiences abroad. They can be casual (no need for footnotes), but they must be related to human security and highlight the human dimension of working in the field. They should be 750 – 1000 words. Please include one or two photos to accompany your piece. The next View from the Field deadline will be Friday, October 18, 2013. Please send your submissions to email@example.com.
The top two Views from the Field we accept for our blog will be selected for publication in the annual journal in April.
Additionally, we are introducing a Photo Essay for PRAXIS’s blog. Photo Essays should be 4 – 12 photos, each with a short caption. A one to two paragraph explanation of the photographs and their relation to human security must be included.
We are looking forward to sharing your views with our audience!