PRAXIS, the Journal of Human Security at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, collects articles from a wide geographic and disciplinary range of practitioners and academics to stimulate productive dialogue in the field of human security
Submissions for the Summer 2019 Edition
This issue will focus on social movements around the world and how they interact with the field of human security. The Praxis team is seeking research, opinion, and review pieces to enrich collective understanding of the rich and diverse history of social movements and the many different issues they work to combat. The issue will be published in print and online.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- How social movements impact how we perceive/engage with problems
- Social movements as a form of non-violent action
- Anti-corruption movements
- Gendered movements
- Movements amplifying minority voices
- The role of social media in social movements
- Migration and anti-migrant mobilization
- Voting rights movements
- Consideration of opposing sides of social movements (adverse perspectives on immigration or voting rights etc.)
- Case studies
- Written submissions should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words.
- Please include a one paragraph abstract with each piece.
- Citations should be in endnote format in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Please submit an electronic copy to Michael.Harrington@tufts.edu by Monday, April 1st 2019.
Submissions for Monthly Web Edition
We invite you to send a short piece (op-ed, reflection, book review, case study, photo-journalism etc.) for publication in the Praxis Web Edition. Written submissions should be 800 words maximum and are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
- Citations should be in endnote format in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Please submit an electronic copy to Michael.Harrington@tufts.edu.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to receiving your submissions!If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security
The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
160 Packard Avenue
Medford, MA 02155, USA