PRAXIS, the Journal of Human Security at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, collects articles from scholars and practitioners to stimulate productive dialogue in the field of human security.
The 2015 – 2016 issue will focus on the multi-dimensional dilemmas posed by migration. In 2014, UNHCR reported that the number of refugees, asylum-seekers, and internally displaced persons (IDPs) worldwide exceeded 50 million for the first time in the post-WWII era. As states, international organizations, and NGOs respond to this complex crisis, it is more crucial than ever to engage in meaningful, multi-sectoral analysis that promotes action.
The PRAXIS editorial team is seeking research, opinion, and review pieces to enrich collective understanding of the root causes, patterns, impacts, and responses to migration from economic, social, historical, political, and legal perspectives.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Migration resulting from violence and conflict
- Gendered dimensions of migration
- Economic motivations for migration
- State and NGO responses to migration
- Short- and long-term migrant resettlement
- Legal classification of migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and IDPs
- The migrant journey
- Realities of statelessness
- Case studies
- Articles should be between 15 – 30 double-spaced pages.
- Reviews and Opinion pieces should be between 3 – 5 double-spaced pages.
- Please include a one paragraph abstract with each piece.
- Citations should be in endnote format in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Please submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 4, 2015
Submissions for the PRAXIS blog
We invite you to send a short piece (op-ed, reflection, book review, etc.) for publication in the PRAXIS blog. Blog entries should be between 500-1000 words and are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security
The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
160 Packard Avenue
Medford, MA 02155, USA