Parents have been instrumental in funding Tufts Hybrid Racing. The team began with a generous donation from the parents of the team’s first captain, Matt Liberatore. Since that time, Jeff Picard, A12P, Lane Potkin and Jodie Jacobs, E10P, Donald and Jan Williamson, E10P, Susan Bergenn, A10P, Anthony Jackson and Betsy Taylor, E13P, and Irene Chan, E13P, have all made contributions.
In terms of corporate sponsorship, Bosch Power Tools and Textron Defense Systems were the team’s top sponsors for the 2009-2010 season. Textron’s contribution was a result of the support of Charles Neckyfarow E71, EG75 and Jeff Picard. SolidWorks provides computer-aided design (CAD) software.
If you would like be part of the Tufts Hybrid Racing team, please follow these instructions:
1. Visit the “Giving to Tufts” page.
2. In Step 1, under “Select a School” choose School of Engineering. Then, under “Select an Area” choose Other and type “Tufts Hybrid Racing” in the box below.
3. Fill out the personal information in Step 2. In Step 3, click “continue” and you will be taken to a secure Tufts transaction page.
4. Please e-mail Chris Jackson to let him know about the gift and if you have any specific requirements for the donation.
5. If you are part of a company that would like to donate to the team in a non-monetary way (eg. equipment, parts, labor, or time), please also e-mail Chris.