About the RAS Project
A Research Administration System (RAS) is an electronic system that enables researchers to create a funding proposal, route it electronically for approval, and submit it directly to the funding agency. These data are captured in one central repository for future submissions and reporting.
RAS facilitates the submission of funding proposals by:
- Improving proposal quality (pre-populated data fields, data validation).
- Providing a mechanism for researchers to work on proposals collaboratively.
- Efficiently routing proposals electronically, with the ability to add approvers specific to certain conditions.
- Data validation to ensure proposals are in required format, eliminating risk of proposal rejection.
- Seamless system-to-system (S2S) submission to Grants.gov.
- Storing research proposals for future submissions and reporting.