I actually got my first inspiration for the some of the look and feel I want this site to have when I was taking an online sexual abuse training course for  a summer job. The whole thing was animated and collage-y and very well done. Unfortunately I can no longer view it, but I found some other images that I think capture the same aesthetic.
I really like the collage-y cut-out feel of this image. It's taken from the nickelodeon website and I'm going to try to make most of my images fit into this style

I really like the collage-y cut-out feel of this image. It's taken from the nickelodeon website and I'm going to try to make most of my images fit into this styl

Inspiration2BluesClues1

a more kid-friendly door. I'm thinking of making the home page an giant image of a red door with Gilda and Sparkle peeking out that will link to different parts of the page.