Teaching & Related Material
Courses I tought
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Finance (graduate)
- Quantitative International Finance (graduate and adv undergrad)
- International Economics & Investment (undergraduate)
- Economia del Emprendimiento y la Innovacion [in Spanish, @ School of Business U of Chile]
Some useful teaching & entrepreneurship material
- Periodic Table of Incentives. A brief summary of modern contract theory, useful as a building block for the study of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial finance. It describes the contracting problem, outlines types of “solutions” or ways to mitigate this contracting problem, and finally cites the seminal paper(s) that “distilled” this particular incentive / contracting problem.
- Term sheets: Term sheet blueprint for the US (from NAVCA) | Term sheets for selected Latin American countries (from LAVCA) including explanation |
- Business model: Business Model Canvas | Explanation of Business Model Canvas in a short Video | Value Proposition canvas
Software I frequently use
- LyX , which is a very nice Open Source LaTex Editor with an almost WYSIWYG appearance.
- JabRef to store my references using BibTex.
- MATLAB , but sometimes I use Octave, which s is an open source program that has very good compatibility with MATLAB m-files and it is useful for many teaching applications in cases where MATLAB requieres a special licence. Here there is a nice introduction for economists on How to Get Started with MATLAB, by Jerome Adda (but in most cases can be used with Octave)
- STATA statistical software
- R statistical software, open source . Especially its version R-Studio, which is a much friendlier version.
- Dynare , a MATLAB complement to handle Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models.
Other Random Teaching Resources I found useful [External links]
- A simple presentation with introduction to Vector Aurorregressions (VAR and SVAR) using STATA.Useful to learn the basic implementation of VARs.
- An example of how to work with m-files in Octave (as a substitute for MATLAB).