Frequently Asked Questions

When can I register?
Registration will open on or about August 1, 2015.  Please register using the registration form link that will become available.

How do I know if I have been accepted?
You will receive an email after you submit your online registration form. The email will provide you with the password to the Admitted Scout Login page of our website.  Please login to access your Scouting Day 2015 Packet.

How do I finalize my Scout’s Registration?
Please visit the Admitted Scout Login page and login using the password that was provided to you.  Both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts must complete and return their signed consents and registration fee.  In addition, Boy Scouts must also follow the instructions in their packet and submit their two essays and blue card with a SASE in order to finalize their registration.

Registration filled up and my scout did not get in. What now?
Any scout who was not selected will automatically be placed on the waiting list. If a registered scout is not able to attend, we will select the next scout on the waiting list. If spots do not become available, we still recommend that you attend Open House. Open House has many fun activites that you can participate in.

What do I do if a Scout can no longer attend?
Email the Committee at amy.rohald@tufts.edu. The Scout’s name will be removed from the list and the spot will be go to the next scout on the waiting list. Registration fees are non-refundable.

How do I get to the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University?
The program will held in Building E, which is the Jean Mayer Administration Building, where parking will also be available.  Please refer to the directions to our campus and the campus map for further details.

Where do I sign-in on the morning of Scouting Day?
Registration will open at 8:30 am on Sunday, September 21 2014. Scouts must be in full uniform in order to participate. Please report to the Jean Mayer Administration Building, which will be Scouting Day headquarters.

What are the important dates to remember?
• Friday, September 5, 2014: all submissions must be postmarked by this date
• Sunday, September 21, 2014: Scouting Day at Tufts

What should I bring to Scouting day?
You must wear your full scout uniform so that can you be easily identified by vet students and staff members. Bring a notebook, pen/pencil, water bottle and snack, sunscreen and please wear comfortable closed-toed shoes. A camera would also be a good idea.

I am interested in attending veterinary school. How can I find out more about the requirements?
There will be veterinary school and summer program Q&A sessions during the day at the Open House. Try to attend these sessions and during the day find someone in a Tufts t-shirt and ask questions. We love to talk about our vet school.

Will I be able to stay for the Open House?
Absolutely! We encourage you to plan on spending the day on our campus. You will have an opportunity to fulfill other badge requirements by attending the many varied Open House presentations.

Don’t see your question answered?
Please email Amy Rohald at: amy.rohald@tufts.edu or call 508-887-4312.